Early Registration Discount
If you register and pay your $100 deposit before 5pm on March 31st, 2016 you will receive $75 off your overall bill. This discount can be combined with our other scholarships with the exception of the Oregon Jazz Festival Scholarship.
School or Team Discount
Schools or programs who send 10 or more students earn $75 off each student’s registration. Contacts us with any questions on how to qualify and redeem.
Scholarships are provided by our camp to students who have received any of the following honors. These scholarships do not stack. If you are eligible for more than one, you may choose the ONE with the highest value. Only ONE Summer Music Camp scholarship per camper.
– 2016 All State Band, Jazz Band, or Orchestra Participant $75
– 2016 All Northwest Band, Jazz Band, or Orchestra Participant $75
– 2015 or 2016 State Solo/Ensemble Finalist $75
– 2015 UO Music Camp Participant $50
– 2015 Jazz Camp Most Valuable Player $100
– 2015 Jazz Camp Most Improved $75
– 2015 Jazz Camp Happy Camper $75
– 2015 Jazz Camp Theory Award $75
– Oregon Jazz Festival Scholarship- Amounts vary partial-full tuition
Overview & Guidelines
The Grace Ho Scholarship is awarded annually and covers full tuition for the University of Oregon Summer Concert Band Camp. Applicants should be high school students with a passion for music. The recipient will be chosen based on musical performance and responses to provided questions in a video submitted via YouTube. Both the responses to the questions and musical ability will be judged equally.
The Grace Ho Scholarship covers full tuition for one high school student to attend the UO Summer Concert Band Camp. The scholarship covers ‘Plan 1’ of the summer camp’s pay options. This includes full tuition, t-shirt, locker, housing, and all meals. The student must provide their own transportation to and from the camp. In total, the scholarship is for $595.00.
1) Create your audition video. (see link above for an example video)
Your audition video should include:
a. Clearly introduce yourself (First and Last name, high school, grade, and instrument)
b. Clearly answer the following questions:
– What inspired you to play your instrument?
– How will going to camp enhance your music education?
– What are your musical aspirations?
c. Two pieces of contrasting style (ex. one up-tempo; one slower, more lyrical). We recommend using the audition requirements for the Oregon All-State groups.
2) Upload your video to YouTube.
3) Submit materials.
Fill out the online application HERE. Be sure to paste the link to your YouTube audition video in the form submitted below.
4) Pay application fee.
An application fee of $10.00 is required to cover office fees in order to make this scholarship possible. Please pay through the scholarship website.
Only applicants with both a completed application, video, and payment will be considered.
5) Wait for results.
You will be notified once your materials have been received. The winner will be selected on June 1, 2016.